You’ve decided you’re ready to take your business to the next level. You want to bring in an agency to get you there, but when you start your research, you discover many different types of agencies – web design, creative, marketing, interactive, digital. First, what on earth do these different agencies do? And second, who’s right for your business?
Think of them like various charcuterie boards. Whatever choice you make, you’ll get a snack. But what will satisfy your particular craving? Are you all about dry-cured meats? Maybe you’re in the mood for a nice selection of fruits and cheeses? Perhaps you want it all!
Let us explain the difference so you can choose the best platter… er, agency for your business.
What Are the Different Types of Agencies?
Each of these agencies specializes in a different area. When vetting an agency to partner with, consider which skillset is the priority for your business.
- What Is a Creative Agency – As you may have guessed, these agencies excel in creativity. Their focus is on visuals and storytelling to communicate your message. A Creative Agency may be the way to go if you’re looking for a team that can develop clever marketing or an aesthetically pleasing website.
- What Is a Web Design Agency – While visuals and storytelling are always important in websites and marketing, that may ’s not be the focus of every a web design agency. Their focus will primarily be on the user experience (UX) and the user interface (UI). A Web Design Agency may be the best fit if you’re looking for a website that’s intuitive, thoughtfully organized, and easy to update.
- What Is an Interactive Agency – Similar to a Web Design Agency, an Interactive Agency will focus heavily on UX and UI but will offer additional tools to help you reach your target market, such as app development and interactive advertisements. If you want to drive engagement with your audience online, consider working with an Interactive Agency.
- What Is a Marketing Agency – A Marketing Agency will excel in strategy and analytics. They will conduct thorough research on your target market to determine 1) Who they are, 2) What they want from you, 3) How to communicate your value, and 4) Where to distribute that message. Many Marketing Agencies will build websites, but they may not have the creative or development skillset you’re looking for.
- What Is a Digital Marketing Agency – Remember our charcuterie analogy? A digital agency is the one that has it all – the meats, cheeses, fruits, nuts (can you tell we’re hungry writing this? Shout out to Barley & Board 🤤) – the whole shebang! A Digital Agency has the strategic capabilities of a Marketing Agency, the interactive services of a Web Design or Interactive Agency, and the imagination of a Creative Agency. A Digital Agency is your best bet if you’re looking for a comprehensive agency.
Which Agency Type Is the Best Fit for You?
So, now you know what each agency type specializes in, but how do you choose who to work with? There are several things to consider:
- Do you already have expertise in creativity, development, or strategy in-house or through another partner? If you already have a skillset covered or need help on a single element, bringing in a team that specializes in one area may be the most cost-effective.
- What is your target market looking for? Depending on your clientele, a particular aspect may be less critical. Do you need something simple? If so, you may not need the expertise of a web design or interactive agency. Or do you work in a heavily regulated industry? The creative aspect may not be as critical in those circumstances.
- Is there just one area that needs help? For example, you could have a beautiful website that doesn’t function well. In that case, involving an Interactive Agency may be the most beneficial choice.
- Do you need it all? In this case, a Digital Agency is the best way to go.
Benefits of A Digital Agency That Does It All
You may not need assistance with all aspects of your marketing and web presence, but if you do, working with a single agency that does it all has significant benefits.
If you work with a single Digital Agency, your strategy is typically more cohesive than if multiple partners handle different components. Communication is simplified, and work happens much more quickly when handled completely in-house.
Working with a full-service Digital Agency ensures the expertise you need to reach your goals will remain with one organization. While many agencies say they build websites, they may only offer simple websites built from a template or outsource the creative and development to a third party.
Square 205 is a Digital Agency proud to have expertise in creative, web design, development, and marketing under one roof. We also have an experienced account team to handle communication and ensure your project moves forward on schedule and on budget.
Whether you’re looking for a complete eCommerce website, an engaging web or mobile application, or any other custom build that meets your requirements, Square 205 has the skills and experience to deliver all your technical needs.
We also have an experienced digital marketing team to make sure your message reaches the right audience at the right time.
An Agency That Can Do It All
So, what’ll it be? Are you in need of a Creative Agency that focuses on highlighting your message in a visual and compelling way? Or perhaps your focus is on creating the best experience for customers and your team? Maybe you want to focus on developing a digital marketing strategy that delivers a significant return on your investment. Or do you want it all?
With Square 205, you can utilize the full strength of our Digital Agency so that each component is equally and expertly emphasized. You can also engage with just one of our teams if you want a more focused specialty.
Whatever your project needs, we are here to consult, guide, and deliver the results you’re looking for. Contact our team today to tell us about your project. Let’s get started!